MARK-V (IDOS) Historian Installation

A

Adeel Imtiaz

We had an historian installed on MARK-V (IDOS) based system back in 2000. The historian system crashed and since then it was removed from the online system. The historian is still with us. please guide me the steps how to install and record parameters in historian. If anybody has prepared some procedure plz send me on

adeelimtiaz [at] ffc.com.pk.

Thanks

About a month ago I had to restore our mkV historian, but it was a windows system. However, to re-initialize the files I just followed the procedures in the historian manual. It was pretty step-by-step.

If the Historian is operating on an MS-Windows-based PC using OSIsoft PI then it should be similar to this response.

But, it's unclear what the "crash" was in the original posting. Did the hard drive die? Did PI die? Did the ARCnet/StageLink connection die?

What happened immediately before the "crash"? Because the basic configuration files on the Historian must exactly match the files on the <I>. So, if someone made some changes to some files on the <I> and didn't copy them to the Historian and then re-start the Historian to get the new configuration information into PI then it's not going to work properly.

So, the "crash" statement is unclear. Hopefully, there were back-ups made before the crash that could be used to restore the Historian if it was a hard drive crash or a MS-Windows problem or something similar. But you should still be able to follow the instructions in the Historian manual (which may be in .pdf format on the hard drive of the Historian, presuming the hard drive is accessible) or there should have been a hard copy provided with the Historian.

Later-generation PI-based Historians used with either <I>s or GE Mark V HMIs had their own internal ARCnet card which allowed them to query the Mark V panel for information independent of the operator interface. BUT, the configuration information (especially UNITDATA.DAT) on the Historian *must* match the configuration on the operator interface (either an <I> or a GE Mark V HMI).