Mark V or Mark VI interface to 3rd party HMI software

Has anybody directly linked a 3rd party operator interface software package to GE Mark V and/or GE Mark VI turbine control package?

We are not looking for a Modbus link between control systems. We want to incorporate the GE Turbine Graphics into a 3rd party software package (ie. Citect)and eliminate the supplied GE Operator Interface.

I've seen OPC servers that tie to the GSM protocol. Do these software packages allow linking to the Mark VI system without another GE supplied software package?

You can find any number of people who can provide an interface to the Mark V and the Mark VI for displaying data values on any. What you can only find in one place, that I'm aware of, is a Mark V interface that can fully and completely replace the Mark V operator interface.

The Mark V and Mark VI operator interfaces both include software applications to allow troubleshooting and configuration of the Speedtronic turbine control panel(s). This includes being able to make sequencing changes or application code changes, I/O Configuration changes (which must be done when calibrating LVDT position feedback!), and uploading and downloading the modifications to the panel.

So, while you can find methods of displaying the data from the Speedtronic panels, you can only find one vendor, to my knowledge, that can completely replace the Mark V operator interface by providing all the tools available on the Mark V operator interface for configuration, uploading/downloading, etc.: CSE Engineering, Inc's. <ITC> (www.itc-info.us).

To configure and troubleshoot and calibrate LVDT position feedback with the Mark VI, you need to use GE Control Systems Solutions Toolbox software, and there's just no alternative to that.

C

Craig Corzine

In reply to your posting, CSE Engineering offers our Windows based, IBECS for Turbine Control <ITC> HMI as a low cost, direct replacement for the GE SpeedTronic Mk IV <D>, Mk IV SmartRemote , Mk V <I> and Mk V HMI operator interfaces.

The <ITC> system utilizes state-of-the-art, off-the-shelf hardware/software technology to communicate directly to the Mk IV and MK V. The <ITC> system supports Stagelink communications utilizing a non-OEM proprietary ARCnet card and does not rely on, or use, DOS, IDos, Cimplicity, TCI, or CimBridge.

The <ITC> system capabilities include: Full monitoring and control, Complete Mk V Tools (Control Constant Modification, AutoCal, EEProm Utility, Logic Forcing, View Tools, Pre-Vote Display, Quick Sheet Display & Dynamic Real Time Rung Display), Unit-Specific data synchronization (no more sneaker net), Real-time and historical data trending, Automated reports, and More.

The <ITC> system also provides native protocol gateway communications via Modbus (Serial/TCPIP), Allen-Bradley CIP and DF1, GE FANUC Series 90, DDE, NetDDE, DirectNet, OSI PI, OPC (Server and Client), and many more.

For further details on the IBECS for Turbine Control <ITC> HMI, visit
http:\\cse-eng-inc.com, http:\\info-itc.us or email sales [at] cse-eng-inc.com