Mark V signal names

G

gt__maint

Please help me understand the meaning of following signal names in relation to MS5001 Mark 5 tmr system:

fsrout
fpgrout
fprg_int
fprg_cnv

Is 'fsr' different from 'fsrout'?

Questions about servo current signal:
a) 'fag': we have tmr. in the rung fag occurs only once. But servo valve has three coils. Does fag reflect the combined coil current or the current in each coil?

b) Similarly for 'fagr', same question as above.

c) fsg: We have two lvdt for gcv. but fsg (position feedback) occurs only once in the rung. Where did the other fsg go?

d) Similarly for 'fsgr', same question as above.

e) Please tell me what is the signal name that goes from Mark V system to the avr panel for voltage correction during auto synchronization.

Thanks in advance.

The answer to your first question is in the CSP. Typically FSR becomes FSROUT when it's applied to the servo-valve output which drives the Gas Control Valve.

Look at the Prevote Data Display to see the individual values of FAG and FAGR. The value you see in the Rung Display or on some User Defined Display is the "voted" value (remember, there are three control processors in a TMR; ideally, the three values should be relatively equal, but in reality they rarely are).

Ah, the high-selected value of LVDT feedback from Mark V turbine control panels.... In the case of LVDT feedback from a high-select block, the value you see is the high-selected value and it's not possible to see the other LVDT's value. In other words, the value you see for FSG (or FSGR or CSGV or ... ) is the high-selected value of the two LVDT feedbacks--even if the higher of the two values comes from the other LVDT (could be a signal name like FSG_B or FSGR_B; in many units the second LVDT wasn't even assigned a unique signal name). However, if the value of the other LVDT's feedback is less than the value of the LVDT which has been assigned FSG (or FSGR or CSGV), then you can see that LVDTs value. But, it the value of the second LVDT's feedback is higher than the first LVDT's, you'll see the same value for both LVDTs. That's the way it works....

The answer to your last question is also in your CSP, and probably in your I/O Report, and in IO.ASG (the I/O Assignment file since they are likely relay outputs, unless the unit has an EX2000 in which case it would still be defined in IO.ASG. It depends on who packaged and programmed your Mark V, but if it was GE it's likely called something like L83LV (for the signal to lower or reduce the voltage) and L83RV (for the signal to raise or increase the voltage). But, if you look at the synchronizing BBL you can see the output signals which are driven by the comparators for generator terminal voltage and follow them to their "conclusion" where they go to the exciter regulator either as relay outputs or Status S signals over the StageLink to later versions of EX2000 excitation systems (early ones still used discreet, digital signals).