Mark-V simulator

To my knowledge, there are no PC-based Mark* V simulators--meaning that there are no Mark* V simulators that run on a PC without being connected to Mark* V hardware (either what's called a "Mark* V Suitcase Trainer" or an actual Mark* V turbine control panel.

GE Salem made a small briefcase-sized Mark* V simulator with a <C> and <R>. There was some software that was sold with it that could be used to simulate (barely) a running turbine (I know that existed/exists for gas turbines, but I'm not sure about steam turbines) that had to be compiled with some actual software and some special blocks that ignored actual (non-existent) I/O (because there wasn't any I/O in the Suitcase Simulator). It was basically a very poor attempt at making some operator familiarization training equipment--and it was very, very crude in all honesty.

But, that's all I am aware of.

Perhaps if you described what you want to simulate (some special CSP (Control Sequence Program) code; operator training; ????) we might be able to suggest something. There is LOTS of Mark* V hardware available on the third-party market, but it's not cheap. And, there are probably some sites with Mark* V simulator panels (because some sites DID buy entire Mark* V panels for simulation purposes, but since they came with ZERO documentation and were very crude and very generic they basically because spare parts donors...) which might could be "rented."

I wish the news were better. If you want to simulate a Mark* V on a PC for some kind of training/familiarization purpose you basically need that PC to be able to communicate with at least the simplest, rudimentary form of an actual Mark* V--or and actual Mark* V.

I just remembered that for older versions of Mark* V operator interfaces (the <I>s running IDOS) there were some commands which could be run from the command prompt to force signals to have the <I> displays show realistic numbers--but it would take a LOT of programming to actually simulate a running turbine with I/O with that set-up.