Mark V Status- TCEA

Mark V Status reached only A6 after suffering from heavy ground fault. All I/O status at A6 except TCEA on A5 status. TCEA card was replaced but still on A5 condition.
1600875215821.png
What maybe the problem on this why TCEA cannot pass A5 condition. The IO configuration was checked and reflect the same version on the EEPROMS.

Does anyone experienced this situation.

What Diagnostic Alarms are present?

Have you checked the fuses (all of them) on the TCPS in Loc. 5?

Please write back to let us know how you fare in resolving the issue.

Yes; I am, of course, presuming the hardware ("Berg") jumper settings on the new card are the same as on the old card.

Also, provide the name of the new card and the old card. AND, what the PROM revisions on the card(s) are (you should have moved PROMs from the old card to the new card--so check to make sure the PROMs are properly installed, with no bent legs) and what the TCEA PROM revisions levels are in the I/O Configurator.

Berg jumpers was set to BJ4=0, BJ5=1, BJ6+1.

Both new and old TCEA card has the same PN DS200TCEAG1BSF. The PROM revision is DS200TCEAF1BEB.
1600943587854.png

TCPS voltages is below.
P24 = +26.82 VDC
P14 = +14.92 VDC
N15 = -15.37 VDC
N24 = -30.74 VDC
P5 = +5.14 VDC

The first LED on the 10 SEGMENT is off.

Berg jumpers was set to BJ4=0, BJ5=1, BJ6+1.

Both new and old TCEA card has the same PN DS200TCEAG1BSF. The PROM revision is DS200TCEAF1BEB.
View attachment 566

TCPS voltages is below.
P24 = +26.82 VDC
P14 = +14.92 VDC
N15 = -15.37 VDC
N24 = -30.74 VDC
P5 = +5.14 VDC

The first LED on the 10 SEGMENT is off.

It appears that S core is the TCEA that has problems. That would be Y for the TCEA. the berg jumpers should be 101. The above listed settings are for core T and Z 011.

D'ya see????

D'ya see????

D'YA SEE?!?!?!??!!

This is ANOTHER reason I have tried to stop posting to Control.com. One asks for Diagnostic Alarm information (and Process Alarm information), and NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. ZIPPO. NIENTE. SQUAT. These are NOT nuisance alarms. Full stop. Period. They are NOT inconsequential. If you have no Diagnostic Alarms--SAY SO!!! Don't just respond with nothing--thinking we will intuitively KNOW that there are NO Diagnostic Alarms. OR, more likely, that you think there are no relevant Diagnostic Alarms. WE WILL BE THE JUDGE OF RELEVANCY. But, not responding tells us nothing--not that you don't have any Diagnostic Alarms, or that you don't have any relevant (in your judgement) Diagnostic Alarms. Just that you wrote here asking for help with a problem, and you can't follow simple directions and provide the requested information.

How can we know what the Berg jumper positions were on the old card? To know if the new positions are correct?

Mark V ribbon cable pins and receptacles are known to have problems with corrosion. Did you use conductive grease (in a suitable amount--because too much is worse than none) on ALL the cables when you installed the new card and re-connected the ribbon cables?

We don't know where you obtained the TCEA card or what it's provenance is. It's possible that it is not a good card. If you want, you can try swapping the "new" TCEA card with one in another processor to see if the problem follows the card or stays in the processor where the card was originally installed.

One more thing about replacing the TCEA cards. The Berg jumper placement (as has been mentioned) is VERY important. There are Berg Jumper settings for the Emergency Overspeed setpoint which MUST be in the proper position (and in the same positions on every TCEA card). There are other jumpers, if I recall correctly, which must be certain positions on EACH TCEA card to identify the card as being in the <R> or <S> or <T> IONET string (if I recall correctly--I don't have access to any Mark V manuals or drawings at this time). So, if you do decide to swap TCEA cards--make sure you write down ALL the berg jumper positions on ALL the TCEA cards before removing any one and swapping any cards--and keep this information handy for any future work on the <P> core.

I thought I would try to help, and ask for Alarm information; and nothing changes. They say, "The only constant is change." Well NOT WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING ALARM INFORMATION FROM CONTROL.COM POSTERS. Nosiree, Bob. Nothing ever changes. ("Diagnostic Alarms are just nuisances; they won't trip the turbine! We never look at or try to understand Diagnostic Alarms! It's useless--they just come and go intermittently and only make the operators ignore other alarms." WRONG!!!)

You may not have any Diagnostic Alarms--BUT YOU DIDN'T TELL US THAT! DID YOU???!!!??? And, if you don't have any Diagnostic Alarms, then either the card is bad, or the ribbon cables aren't making good contact, or Berg jumpers aren't in the right positions. About the only way to test the card is to try swapping it with another TCEA card--but, AGAIN: the Berg jumper positions have to be in the proper positions (which for the overspeed settings, must match all the other cards).

You wrote here asking for help because you couldn't solve the problem on your own. And you won't provide the requested information? REALLY? Again, just another reason why I am trying SO HARD to give this nasty habit up (responding to Control.com queries). People just think, "I only have to give the information I deem relevant." NOT. You want help with your problems/issues from halfway around the world? Provide the requested information. We're not there. We can't see what you are seeing. We don't know what you know. We only know what you tell us--and many times we have to drag information out of people. (And quite often, we get no future information or queries. Which is fine with me! But those same people continue to keep reading Control.com. Which is also fine with me--because if they learn something, that's great. If they won't respond to simple requests, we don't need to keep trying to help people who don't really want to be helped.)

Best of luck. Please write back to let others know what you discover. (Me? I'm done with this thread. May you live a long--and interesting--life.)