Mark-VI Diagnostic Alarms and Issue with UCVE Card

S

samson16

One of our customers has reported a problem with one of the Mark-VI panels. There was a problem that S processor is getting hanged and giving Diagnostic alarms. So it was decided to replace the VCMI. After replacing the VCMI and downloading its firmware and configuration the processor was rebooted. Now the issue has become complicated, we are seeing RED INDICATION IN UCVE card. We tried to rectify it by replacing the UCVE and then built up PCODE and downloaded both RUNTIME and APPLICATION CODE to all three processors followed by rebooting complete MARK VI. But still UCVE in S showing the same RED INDICATION. Out of trying the same steps twice once it became healthy but again there is no repeatability of the healthiness status. Now the CONTROLLER STATE is reading CA and the IO STATE is 6A but still we have RED LED IN UCVE. Also we have diagnostics in VCMI

1) TOPOLOGY FILE/ CARD ID MISMATCH (FAULT CODE 56)
2) CARD ID/AUTO SLOT ID MISMATCH (FAULT CODE 55)
3) I/O CARDS 4/16/20/21 OFFLINE.

Samson16,

This sounds like an issue with one of the cards in the rack. I have ran into this situation several times in the past where a card in the rack does not boot properly and somehow seems to "confuse" the VCMI. When you download the configuration to the VCMI you are "telling" it what cards should be in each slot. When the VCMI scans the rack it seems to get confused by the card that did not boot properly. Instead of recognizing that the failed card is offline it skips to the next card thinking that card is in the slot occupied by the offline card. This problem then basically shifts all the card slot ID's for the VCMI and it faults basically saying that the configuration you downloaded does not agree with what it reads from the rack, because of the failed card. What has been difficult for me in the past was that the faulty card did not truly fail with a red "Fail" light LED lit. But it would never "Sync" with other cards in the rack as noted by the heartbeat of the green "Run" LED's. I would study the indication from all the cards and their LED's. Hopefully that will help you find a card in the rack causing the issue. Please write back and let us know if you find the problem.