MARK VI-Fail to download application code

Hello

Please have a read on these 2 threads, it can give you some tips and advises..
The issues descrived in these posts seeùs prettey same as yours..but that not only the reason i recommand you to check them ( for information & help for trouleshoot that issue you have been faced to ..)
I see that it is used ORacle virtual machine but any way i dont think that it can be a problem....

We need more indormations like frame unit, what have been done ...outage, maintenance , alarms annuciated
Aslo did the toolbowx displaying any (minor/major differences ..)

We need more datas to help you and support you better and clearer..

Here are the 2 threads that can highlight you some points as documenattion is very poor documented on this SDI dsconnection...errror message pr any error readind exand time....showed on the tool box dispalying screenshots that you shared... :

https://control.com/forums/threads/synchonization-of-ucve-in-markvi.27310/#post-139930

https://control.com/forums/threads/mk-vi-cannot-get-online.31463/#post-150205

Looks you need to do sort of offline "dowloading" and follow some instructions to get the sitauation cleared a,n issue solved.

I leave you read and understand steps to follows for troubelshooting this issue

Do not hesitate to share your feed back

Controlsguy25.

Is this a test setup? or is this an actually TMR controller at site?

The fact that you can download (and probably ping) to the S controller is very interesting. The SDI comms could be overloaded on the S controller and need to be refreshed. or for some reason you cannot get SDI communication upstream and downstream through the VM.

Some things to try:
Can you go onlime with the S controller?
Are you able to go online with the R & T controllers? Are they producing EGD?
Can you reboot the S controller only? Then can you go online with the S controller?

Methinks the original poster is trying to download several things at once--and if the site is a multi-unit site and units are running then the UDH could be very busy (high number of alarms, or high number of dithering alarms which haven't been locked out or "shelved"; poor HMI configurations; etc.)--and if I understand how Toolbox(ST) downloads work they are not high priority in UDH communications....

When I've run into this problem (without a Samsung SyncMaster monitor to make sure things synchronize...) I download one thing at a time to one controller at a time. Works almost every damn time. It takes so little longer to do things this way that every time when I download I prefer to download one thing (if there are multiple things to download) to one controller at a time. Even if it's just one thing (like app code), I just download to one controller at a time--and there are rarely problems. Almost never--even if the UDH is horrifically busy (like when CIMPLICITY displays are asking for values for signals which don't exist, or MODBUS or GSM is asking for values for signals which don't exist--I can't count the number of times UDH overload has been caused by poorly configured CIMPLICITY projects/displays or poor MODBUS configuration or poor GSM configuration or similar).

We're talking about seconds or a minute difference in total--unless there are repeated problems and then it's MUCH longer. Seriously, it's so little time in the scheme of things to download one thing to one controller at a time. Try it; you'll like it.

BE PATIENT!!! If you're trying to download product code and I/O configuration and app code all at the same time to all three controllers at a multi-unit site--usually, something is going to fail. Sometimes it's always the same controller; sometimes it's not.

Sometimes the controller has unresolved (unknown) Diagnostic Alarms which are causing communication issues. Sometimes it's a bad Ethernet connection (switches; UCVx; etc.).

But, it doesn't hurt to try the "slow" method of one download to one controller at a time. If there's a problem with the same controller, then start looking at possible problems (and Diag. Alarms) on that controller.

Hi
I came across similar issue like the "SDI- disconnected" We replaced the VCMI, did an offline download and things worked fine. But mine is a simplex test setup for functional testing and not a full fledged control system.
Best of luck
RR

Hi
I came across similar issue like the "SDI- disconnected" We replaced the VCMI, did an offline download and things worked fine. But mine is a simplex test setup for functional testing and not a full fledged control system.
Best of luck
RR
Hi

That's looks pretty same advises as the instructions I gave to the original poster....
Even I never encountered such error messages..
I am glad to see that posting here can be a good support and help for some people..

Controls guy25