mark VI sequence program or ladder program

K

kuku

how to get sequence program or ladder program of Gas turbine in mark vi control from its m6b file.

we have markVI here for a steam turbine. I think procedure is same for both.

u search for the backup of exportcontrol.m6b file. Entering into it has several u find the FUNCTION .extend it... then u can find many other sub programms. In each sub program u will find a sub program MODULES. Going thorugh the Modules u can get to the ladder logic.

I wasn't quite sure how to respond to this; still not sure, actually.

About the easiest way to get to the application code ("sequencing") is to use the 'Finder', which is usually the binocular icon in the Toolbar at the top of the .m6b file. When you open Finder, you will be presented with a field where you can enter a signal name (or some text) to search for. Start with something simple, like L3STCK0 (that last character is a zero, not a capital 'O'). I recommend you use the drop-down box to specify 'Match Exactly', then click on 'Ok' or 'Find.'

Toolbox will present you with a list of search results, which is everywhere the signal L3STCK0 appears in the .m6b file. If you choose one and double-click click on it you will be taken to a place where the signal is used.

In one of the panes on the left of the Toolbox window you will see a list of Tasks and Modules and such. That is how the application code "sequencing" is grouped together for the unit at your site. You can then start clicking and opening things and start exploring.

It really just takes some familiarization and "poking around" to get used to.

It really sounds like you need to have a read of some of the Mark VI documenation. Find the Mark VI Toolbox document (sorry; I can't recall the exact name/GEH number; but it should be on the hard disk of the HMI(s) at the site). While not the best documents, they are all there is available.

Hope this helps!

thnx for ur reply but the procedure u told is for getting the single sequence or for one module,but I want to know how to see the whole sequence program from M6b file. so that i can take print of whole logic or i can save it on my normal PC OR Laptop.

Did your original post indicate you wanted to obtain a soft copy of the sequencing printout, or to be able to print a copy of the sequencing?

That's one of the reasons I didn't respond sooner--your original post was unclear as to exactly what you wanted.

Have you tried clicking on File then Print on the Menu bar in Toolbox?

You can do a full print of the m6b file from Toolbox. Try print preview first and you will see a lot of print options. Depending on the unit, you could get around 1000 pages. If you want something to put on a PC, you can do a Metaprint which will produce various *.emf files for the software which are readable in Word,etc.

thnx 4 ur reply n m xtremly sorry tht my first thread was not so clear. i got the hardcopy print n also the soft copy in .emf xtention files format. thanks a lot for ur response.

thnx for ur reply, i got ur reply a bit late coz i got the print n also soft copy format but the way u told is 100% right. i also do the same thing n get .emf file. once again thnx for ur input.