MARK VIe or MARK VI speedtronic

H

Hibrahim

Although we have 3 units turbo compressors PGT10 equipped with SUVIMAC II control system that needed upgrading, we have been informed by GE that MARK VIe speedtronic is not suitable for our applications and offered us MARK VI speedtronic despite it is become obsolete as it has been reached its phase 3 "stop/end of production" as it was released in 1999, right now 11 years in market place, while MARK VIe was released in 2004 as current technology for gas turbine control system.

your advice would be highly appreciated.

There must be something very particular about the PGT-10s at your site.

Perhaps you could have GE help you understand what that is and then help us understand it, also.

Did GE say why Mark VIe is not suitable? I would guess that maybe there are field instruments or actuators which Mark VIe cannot interface to and Mark VI can. (I know nothing about the SUVIMAC control.)

Note, while Mark VIe was released in 2004, it was not used for turbine control on heavy duty gas turbines until 2006, and Mark VI turbine controls were still being provided after that.

Just make sure that GE will continue to support the Mark VI for as long as you intend to have these units in service.

Have you considered using a modern PLC control system (eg Siemens or Allen Bradley) from an independent system integrator?

> Have you considered using a modern PLC control system (eg Siemens or Allen Bradley) from an independent system integrator? <

I'm a Mark* integrator engineer and I've just developed a Suvimac to MarkVIe upgrade for a PGT10 gas turbine - mechanical drive application - with GE Oil&Gas.

So I think It's possible also on your site. MarkVIe has a wide possibility to manage any kind of signals instead of a Suvimac controller.