MARK VIe

mahad83,

What value other than “True” or “False” would you suggest is possible for ANY logic signal?

It’s typically not common practice to use the _ALM signal (contact) in any rung for any purpose OTHER THAN annunciating an alarm. For start-check- and trip rungs/logic it’s good programming practice to use the “namesake” of the _ALM logic signal, possibly l43cp1o ??? in this case?

Methinks someone is trying to force start-check or trip logic and thinks (mistakenly) that by forcing the alarm logic “contact” (signal) that it will permit a START or unlatch a trip. That person is not analyzing the application code of the Mark VIe, if at all and is making poor ass-u-me-ptions AND using bad punctuation when asking for help or explanation.

Me also thinketh that there is MUCH MORE to this perceived (and self-inflicted) problem than has been told.

It is possible that poor programming practice was used in the writing of the application code and since we can’t see and review the application code we are ass-u-me-ing too much.

But, one thing’s for sure—asking for help and assistance and arguing and not thanking for the help and assistance that has been provided is so typical of some cultures. To be honest, there wasn’t even a real question (with a question mark) asked. There was an intent to ask a question but then there were several exclamation points when trying to provide information, implying that ToolboxST is not working as someone believes it should be (again, a perception problem).

Blessed day.

Good luck with your endeavor.

You cannot "force" the 'A' or 'K' status. those come from being an alarm and from the acknowledge command from the alarm viewer. You can't force them to change the status.

ME42,

This is the crux of the issue here: The original poster--as MOST Mark VIe operators and technicians--ignore alarms (Process and Diagnostic). So, the 'A' and 'K' status indications won't go away until the alarm is acknowledged and it is resolved and probably cleared from the WorkstationST Alarm display.

My suspicion is that the "Mark VIe" is either prevented from STARTing, or a trip is active (which is preventing starting), or something like this--and the original poster is trying to force the ALARM logic to get the start-check permissive and/or trip to clear, and doesn't understand the alarm logic is probably NOT the signal ("contact") which is causing the problem they are perceiving they are having. They may even completely understand what the problem is but they can't or don't want to fix the root cause of the problem and are just trying to force logic to get or keep the unit running until such time as the problem is or can be resolved. If they need the power and they understand the risks, and the machine isn't under any kind of warranty/guarantee from the supplier/packager, that's their prerogative and their decision. The risk management is their concern.

But, they apparently are upset that ToolboxST and the Mark VIe operating system isn't "behaving" or "cooperating" as they believe it should. It's doubtful if they have used the 'Help' feature of ToolboxST, or RTFM (Read The Fine Manual). And, true to cultural norm for their part of the world, they can't ask for help or admit that they might be wrong. It should just work the way they think it should work, and if it doesn't then it's not behaving or cooperating.

The signals in this thread that have been forced or are trying to be forced have some very scary implications about what is trying to be done. I think the site management needs to bring a knowledgeable person to site to help with revolving the issue(s)--and hopefully help to explain how the Mark VIe operating system and ToolboxST. It's just pretty clear that we who have been contributing to this thread can't provide the help being sought and so we are contributing to the problem(s).

I am signing off this thread.

Blessed day.

You are referring to fire detection /fighting system...

So there should be some interlocks somewhere in the app code..as it is about an "alarm" can you tellus what are inetending to do ..

Your issue is not clear sio we dont know what is exactly the problem other there...

-Is that Alarm stay activated and you want to clear it ..( Thats what i understood from your posts)

-Is that (as CSA mentionned it) about start checks permissives or other purpose that you want to unforce /force that signal ..

Again more gathering datas would be welcomed here..

James