MARKV Output Digital Contact Config.

A

AIZ

Kindly let me know the complete step how to add a new digital output and control constants. I have already configured an digital contact output (MARKV trainer setup) "TEST_CO" on DTBC in <CD> at Screw Number

76 NO
77 C
79 NC

but when I forced "TEST_CO" to 1 digital contact didnot change its state , also forced some other contacts (screw 1 2 3 4) none of them changed state. when forced relay making contact sounds also no Mn and Pn jumpers are intalled on DTBC. checked power to be 137v on J8. Kindly suggest a way forward. Thanks

[email protected]

It's not clear what kind of "trainer" panel you have. If there is no I/O connected to the panel, and it's running a turbine simulation, it's likely that the I/O was disabled in the CSP that was downloaded to the Mark V trainer panel. If you never hear any relays picking up and dropping out when you run the simulation software, it's likely the I/O has been disabled in the simulation software.

The I/O is disabled to prevent the software from accessing or using the I/O in the simulation because there is no I/O connected to the panel.

If the I/O is disabled, you will need to download a CSP to the the Mark V trainer which does not disable I/O to be able to assign and toggle physical I/O of the panel.

The Mn and Pn jumpers are to be able to provide 125 VDC voltage to drive a load, such as a solenoid. The presence of the voltage does not mean the output is enabled or disabled, and those jumpers *must not* be installed if the output will be used to switch an AC source! Refer to the Signal Flow Diagrams in Appendix D of the Mark V Application Manual, GEH-6195, for a schematic representation of the outputs which can be configured as solenoid outputs. (Each discreet I/O core (<CD>, <QD1>, and <QD2>) has a total of 60 relay outputs, of which approximately 30 can be configured to be solenoid outputs with 125 VDC available to drive a load such as a solenoid if the jumpers Mn and Pn are in the proper positions and the field wires are connected to the proper terminals (usually the screws identified as NO and SOL).