MarkVI cannot get to control/equal state

K

keepingcontrol

MarkVI Symplex control panel is facing a problem to get the control/equal state.
UCVE diagnostic shows two errors as follows:
- Fault code 99: Dual port initialization timout. Check clock source.
- Fault code 74: Startup application code loader fault 209.

Additional information:
VCMI it's a new one.
UCVE it's a new one.

I already tried:
-Downloading runtime, then reboot R and VPRO.
-Downloadind application code, then reboot R and VPROM

It's not possible to establish communication with VCMI ir order to see diagnostics, neither to download configuration/firmware.

Appreciate your help!

You didn't say what happened to necessitate changing BOTH the UCVE *and* the VCMI at the same time. I would consider that to be a rather drastic failure and troubleshooting method, but I don't know what the circumstances were that led to this condition.

I've been looking for a procedure for changing out a VCMI for some time, but haven't run across anything. Also, I believe that the procedure has changed over the years, either because of a change in Toolbox or a change in the firmware or whatever, but I've been told repeatedly that the procedure for newer Mark VIs is not the same as it was for earlier Mark VIs.

While it's too late for this originator, I would suggest anyone with a Mark VI and spare VCMI and UCVx cards to take the next extended outage opportunity to take those spare cards, and, one at a time, put them in the rack(s), configure them and then put them back in the spare inventory.

This does two things: It makes it quicker to exchange cards if and when it becomes necessary. All that should need be done to use one of these "pre-configured" cards is to download application code (presuming Toolbox versions don't change very often and will usually remain the same for long periods of time), and possibly change IP addresses.

Another thing this allows is the development of a site operating or maintenance procedure for changing these cards, something most sites do not have and which most sites desperately need--especially in the heat of troubleshooting and card-swapping.

While planning for the outage when this will occur, you can be gathering information and writing the procedure as you believe it will work, and then you can refine the procedure as necessary when actually performing the exchange.

I wish I had more information; but if the unit is still under warranty I suggest you contact the supplier of the control system for assistance.

Unfortunately, this is the biggest detractor of the Speedtronic systems: the lack of proper documentation for basic procedures from the OEM.

The UCVE is unable to communicate with the VCMI; there are a number of reasons this could be happening:

1) UCVE battery jumper is not set correctly to enable NVRAM and CMOS (jumper E8 should be in the 7-8 position). New UCVEs are shipped with the battery disconnected to prevent it from being drained, there should be a label somewhere on the card. Without NVRAM, the UCVE is unable to hold configuration settings it needs to communicate with the VCMI.

2) Configuration for the UCVE has clock source set to Internal

3) Hardware form is mismatched in Toolbox (ie the tool is configured for H2A but the new VCMI is H2C)

4) VCMI is not seated correctly

5) VCMI board is bad

6) Backplane is bad

7) Something weird

Hope that helps!