MARKVI EGD and Kepware OPC

T

taner

We have MARKVI and Cimplicity HMI communicating using EGD protocol and it is working properly. I want to configure Kepware EGD driver to get Mark VI data. MarkVI EGD is configured as below:
exchange id:1
producer:192.168.101.211
consumer:192.168.201.255(broadcast)
period:480 ms

I configured Kepware EGD as below:
id:0
exchange id:1
producer:192.168.101.211
group id:0
consumed period:480

but it didn't work. Does anyone have an idea about it?

Thanks in advance.

R

Radhakrishnan

The Mark VI panel is broadcasting on subnet 192.168.201.0., while the interface is on another subnet (192.168.101.0). Apparently, Cimplicity HMI is getting data because it is on subnet 192.168.101.0

>The Mark VI panel is broadcasting on subnet 192.168.201.0, while the interface is on another subnet (192.168.101.0). Apparently, Cimplicity HMI is getting data because it is on subnet 192.168.101.0.<

i am sorry it is a typing mistake.
it is broadcasted to 192.168.101.255. it is on the same subnet

Have you contacted the OPC publisher or the control system integrator you purchased the OPC software from?

Kepware has been pretty helpful with configuration/setup questions, according to many people I've talked with. If the product was sold as compatible with Mark VI, then they--or the control system integrator--should be able to help you with any questions you may have.

But, it doesn't seem anyone here who has read your post has any ideas other than what's already been posted.

I have solved the problem. Produced exchange data size was not same in kepware exchange range size. I didnt know that i should configure all the data rannge which is produced.

thanks for your help.

I have solved the problem. Produced exchange data size was not same in kepware exchange range size. I didnt know that i should configure all the data rannge which is produced.

thanks for your help.
Hi Taner
Would you please help me to communicate MarkVI and Kepware OPC in our project?
would you please example Project in Kepware?
my Mail : [email protected]
Thanks

Attachments

Taner

Sorry for the delay on responding. Kepware's EGD driver is not very simple. You have to get the exchange length exactly right or else it will not work.

Javad, for your picture, configured Kepware EGD as below. The range has to be exact!
Exchange id:1
exchange Number:1
producer:192.168.101.211 (you need to verify
consumed period:40 (or any value greater than 40)

ADD NEW RANGE
Range Index 1
Offset: 0
Reference %I (you can modify this later to something else, but then you will need to change low point & hi point)
Low point: 1
High Point: 2944 (268*8)

Taner

Sorry for the delay on responding. Kepware's EGD driver is not very simple. You have to get the exchange length exactly right or else it will not work.

Javad, for your picture, configured Kepware EGD as below. The range has to be exact!
Exchange id:1
exchange Number:1
producer:192.168.101.211 (you need to verify
consumed period:40 (or any value greater than 40)

ADD NEW RANGE
Range Index 1
Offset: 0
Reference %I (you can modify this later to something else, but then you will need to change low point & hi point)
Low point: 1
High Point: 2944 (268*8)
Dear Taner
Would you please send me an example project of your project?