Material Compatibility

• Thread starter Shah, Jigar (IE03x)
  • Start date
S

Shah, Jigar (IE03x)

Dear All,

We instrument Engineers responsible for designing and selecting right type of instrument also face the problem of selecting the right material of
construction. Anyone having comprehensive and large data base of material compatibility chart may please forward me the same.

Thanks and Best Regards
Jigar Shah

Sahayak Prabandhak,
Kendriya Abhiyantrikee evam Niryat Vibhag
Tata Honeywell Maryadeet, Pune, Bharat
Doordhwani Kramank: 020-6870445. Vistarit Kramank : 1325

As a Materials Engineer I can say that you need to supply information to narrow the choices. A matrix of every possible material choice could fill a hard drive.

Information such as mechanical property requirements (metallic or non-metallic), operating temperature range, environmental conditions (humidity exposure, chemical compatibility, fluid resistance), electrical property requirements (dielectic constant, resistivity, etc.). Once you have determined the mechanical, thermal, and electrical requirements the list of acceptable materials will be greatly reduced.

D
Steve: I took your advice and downloaded that material compatibility software you recommended. It's pretty good. Do you know of anything similar for other polymers?

S

Steve Smolinske

> Steve: I took your advice and downloaded that material compatibility software you recommended. It's pretty good. Do you know of anything similar for other polymers?
>

Dave, Sorry I dont, I may have printed material for plastics, send me an email with your address and ill see what i can dig up.