measure quality mix

J

Jorge Diaz

Group,

I need to measure with the online instruments quality of a mining reactive. This fluid is a mix of water and granulated product (Superfloc A 110), normally 0.1 gr/lts in line of 6" and other 3gr/cm3 in line of 1-1/2".

The idea is detect if the mixer is ok. Through density is not good way because there little bit difference when the mixer is ok or when it out of standard.

I appreciate your suggestion

Jorge D=EDaz Zamora
GPI Ltda.
[email protected]
www.gpi.cl

V

Vince Dooley

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: APPS: measure quality mix

Zeta potential may be a way of doing what you want depending on the
characteristics of the flocculant.

A turbidity meter might work. The ones that operate on the principle of sound
attenuation may be worth looking at.

Does the conductivity or pH change?

Image processing may be a way of identifying, quantifying and characterising the
floc particles. There are also ultrasonic and laser techniques which may do the
same. Do a search for particle size analysis or particle characterisation.

Does the viscosity change? (I wouldn't do too much homework on this one)

There are also clarometers which measure floc performance but they are used after
the floc is added to the process settler or thickener.

Does the flocculant manufacturere have any ideas?

Vince Dooley

J
Vince, Thanks for the all possible options.
Only one What is Zeta potential concept or technology.

rgds

JDZ

J
Density can be a good indicator if your density meter has sufficient resolution. Vibrational density meters can resolve density differences
of as little as 0.02kg/m3. With this you may be able to determine the mixture. However, you may find that viscosity is an even better
measurement. Floculants generally introduce significant changes in the viscosity. Try "www.solartronmobrey.com":http://www.solartronmobrey.com for density and viscosity sensors (you can get both density and viscosity from one instrument).