Measuring Gas Level with Non Contact Ultrasonic Oil Level Transmitter

Does anybody know if the non-contact ultrasonic oil level transmitter can measure gas level? I need it because of flammable and explosive measuring environment, but I don't know its specific performance. According to my previous search results on Google, it is explosion-proof and corrosion-resistant.

At the same time, I want to know who used the ultrasonic fuel level sensor? This is why I came here for help.

I am not sure what is meant by 'gas'. LNG? LPG? Gasoline?

I doubt commercial grade ultrasonics will handle LNG level measurement.

The issues are:

- speed-of-sound through natural gas vapor, not through air (which is the medium commercial units are based on).

- even a speed-of-sound correction for methane vapor will not have the associated temperature correction for a vapor other than air.

- temperature rating of the sensosr - I'm not sure what the temperature of the vapor is, but LNG is only liquid below its boiling point of ~ -160 Deg C.

Non-contact radar has been used on LNG tankers for level measurement. Radar generally doesn't care what it shoots, except for water vapor or steam. Radar even shoots through vacuum.

For Gasoline, the same issue about the speed-of-sound through vapor and temperature correction applies for ultrasonics. I haven't done it, but radar is likely a good fit for level measurement on gasoline.