Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drive to Control the Speed of Motor

• Thread starter Mahesh Thapaliya
  • Start date
P

Praveen kumar

Dear Mr.Mahesh,

I am working in Yantra Automation Pvt Ltd(India).

I have install 8 Mv drives in India. I have a query that while instilling drive there is any necessity to by pass motor protection relay and install transformer protection relay in upstream breaker. If we by pass the motor protection relay what is protection for the in-put cable and all. We are installing Harvest Make drive. With malty cascaded system.

C

C Shekhar SAIl Hot StripMill

Dear All,

I am an electrical engineer working with lots of single and group driven DC motors used to carry slabs. If I want to change it to VVVF drives, what are the parameters i should be looking into.

Variable frequency drives have applications for velocity control, but are not recommended for positioning. It is difficult to position these drives.

Regards
George Younkin, P.E.
Life FELLOW-IEEE

C

cooler,kiln,preheater area

Dear Sir,

I am (GET) electrical by profession and currently I am working ABG Cement Ltd. (Project Work)

sir,me offered areas in so many MVAC Drives. (BHEL)

no knowledge for me mvac drives working & process.

plz give me information and detailed knowledge.

Thanks&Regards,
Prakash Patel

HIVERT MV VFD adopts AC-DC-AC mode, the main circuit switch component is IGBT. HIVERT VFD adopts power cells in series and overlapping method, takes full advantages of the mature technology, thus has high reliability.

more information please log in www.hiconics.com/English

Dear Mahesh,

I am an Electrical Engineer presently designing an Electrical system for controlling a 6.6kv, 3000kw motor through VFD. Can u share me with relavent technical particulars of MV VFD and also list of manufacturers of these panels apart from Siemens & ABB

regards
K N Naidu

S
I am electrical engineer by profession
and currently I wants comparison on medium voltage Variable Frequency drive of ABB and Siemens make perfect harmony drive. my email id is [email protected]

Please help.

regards
Sanjay Wani

please email me at [email protected]

> I am an Electrical Engineer presently designing an Electrical system for
> controlling a 6.6kv, 3000kw motor through VFD. Can u share me with
> relevant technical particulars of MV VFD and also list of manufacturers of
> these panels apart from Siemens & ABB

> regards
> K N Naidu

P

Pradeep Pandey

What is the difference between a Variable Frequency Drive and a Variable Voltage Variable Frequency Drive

Hello:

I would like to get your opinion on a MV VFD (Eaton) application. I have a 800HP Pump at 4160V and the power company has set a starting kVA limit of 465kVA which I will be able to negotiate to raise it up to 727kVA. and I could do this if I can set the drive to draw 100% inrush (Vs 150% typical inrush drawn by a VFD). Is this feasible? I have no other options because the power company wouldn't be able to supply 1091 starting kVA (considering 150% typical inrush). Please advise.

M

Mahesh Thapaliya

both are same, just different location use different term.

> What is the difference between a Variable Frequency Drive and a Variable Voltage Variable Frequency Drive