Mexican electrical code

E

Eddie L. Robinson

Hi List

Are there any Mexican Electrical code standards or does Mexico follow the same National Electrical Code(NEC) that applies to the U.S.?

Eddie L. Robinson
[email protected]

R

Roberto Ruelas

The 1994 Mexican electric code is about 90% the NEC 93, and can be found in the following URL:

http://cronos.cta.com.mx/cgi-bin/normas.sh/cgis/despliega2.p?convar=NOM-001-SEMP-1994

The 2000 Code is almost the NEC 96, and is becoming law on next march. The name for the electrical inspectors (private) after the Metrology Law is Unidades de Verificacion de Instalaciones Electricas (UVIE). Most belong to a State Board of Engineers (Colegio de Ingenieros Mecanicos Electricistas), and a few to the IAEI.

Hope this clarifies the present situation.
--
SALUDOS/Regards

ROBERTO RUELAS-GOMEZ
UNIDAD DE VERIFICACION DE INSTALACIONES ELECTRICAS #11020008A
[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/~ruelsa/index.html

J

javier oropeza

In Mexico, the units of verification have as their purpose the observance of the fulfillment of Mexican Official Norm effective NOM-001-SEDE-1999, in constructed electrical facilities in Mexico, and which have 90% similarity to the NEC-96. If you have any questions about electrical subjects like earthing, feel free to contact me. In Mexico, los unidades de verificacion tienen como finalidad la observancia del cumplimiento de la Norma Oficial Mexicana vigente NOM-001-SEDE-1999 , en las instalaciones electricas construidas en MEXICO y la cual tienE un 90% de similitud con el NEC-96. SI TIENES ALGUNA DUDA DE TEMAS ELECTRICOS COMO LA PUESTA A TIERRA, CONSULTAME.

L

Luis Carlos Martinez

Javier: I would like some information about the standards of electrical installation, such as the use of housings (obligatory?) and the amount of watts by square meter (the maximum) and recommendations for installing low voltage embedded transformers. I hope you can help or tell me where I can find this type of information. Gracias Greetings. - - - - javier: Me gustaria saber un poco mas sobre las normas a ciumpir en una instalacion electrica, como el uso de housings ( obligatorio ?? ) y la cantidad de watts por metro cuadrado ( los maximos ) y la recomedacion para instalar transformadores en empotrados de bajo voltaje. espero me puedas ayudar u decirme en donde puedo encontrar este tipo de informacion. Garcias Saludos.

H
DESEAMOS SABER EN QUE NORMA ENCONTRAMOS LOS REQUISITOS PARA LAS CAJAS ELECTRICAS PARA LA CONEXION DE LA MAQUINARIA EN LA INDUSTRIA MAQUILADORA.