micro logix PLC

S

S Shanmugam

dear sir,
We are having A-B make micrologix 1000 PLC. In that PLC what is the life of o/p relay contact. or How many cycles (on,off) we can use? can any one know, pl. mail to me. my mail ID is "[email protected]", mailto:[email protected] .
thanks,

regards,
S Shanmugam.

J

Jayaharan C J

Dear Shanmugam

I don't have an ide of the life expectancy of the Micrologix 1000 ouput relays bt it is always a good idea to use interposing relay i.e indirectly connecting the outputs like soleoid valves, breakers, contactors through a relay. The voltage between the output contacts and relay being used can be +24V dc. It is a good practice as we can avoid burnouts of the micro plc relays...

Hope this helps..

Jayaharan C J

I have been using the Micrologix 1000 in fifteen machines for years with few failures (about three in the last three years). I use 120V on the relay outputs, and when the load is a at or above half the contact rating, I isolate it with a separate relay, also we use arc suppressors when connecting to solenoid valves. In situations like mine where the field wiring is abominable, I also individually fuse each output for protection from direct shorts. You can get fused terminal blocks for a lot less than the repair cost of a single output.