Micrologic Trip Unit communicating with OPC server

M

Matjaz Kopac

How the OPC factory server has to be configured to communicate with Micrologic 6.0P trip unit when peer-to-peer connection (RS485/RS232 converter to COM1 PC port)? Does exist any variable list with addresses for Micrologic?

G

Gijsbert-Jan Welp

Hello Matjaz,

I hope you have all the manuals for the Micrologic device. You need the ModBUS communication for Micrologic manual, the Micrologic control units 5.0 P, 6.0 P and 7.0 P User's manual and the Modbus communication option for Micrologic A, P or H manual.

The first one tells you how to connect to Modbus, the second one has general info about the Micrologic itself and the third one is probaly the most important one because it tells all about what you can do via Modbus with the Micrologic.

In it you will read that you need to give the Micrologic a Modbus address which ranges from 1 to 47. But once you have done this you already actually have taken 4 Modbus addresses because each Micrologic uses a Modbus addres for certain functionalities. They are address xx as Circuit-breaker manager, address xx+50 as Chassis manager if used, address xx+100 as Metering manager and address xx+200 for Protection manager.

This means that in OPC you probaly need to make several entries to get to all the data you want to get to.

Of course you have to make sure you have set all communication parameters correctly like baudrate ect. But with all this correct it should be absolutely no problem in reading and writing to the Micologic using OPC.

With kind regards,

Gijsbert-Jan Welp,
Technical Support Automation,
Schneider-Electric Netherlands.

S

Silvio Jimenez

Hello,Gijsbert-Jan Welp,

thats ok, but where can I find this manual (ModBUS communication for Micrologic manual), because I had buy some Masterpact whit Micrologic Unit and the manual is not whit it?
do you have the documentation whit Micrologic a Modbus address?

thank you,

silvio