Mitsubishi FX Comm Control (VB6)

M

Mike

Can anyone provide a driver/control that I can include in my VB6 project that can handle communications between a Mitsubishi FX's programming port and a VB app?

Thanks,
Mike

mitsubishi have a set of activex objects to handle comms with all of their plcs. The trouble is this package will set u back about $1000 australian. If u do a web search there are companies that supply drivers for much less.
then it's just a matter of including the object and you're away.

S

syed mohammad ali

Yes U can do it by using Mx Component which is A licences software From Mitsubishi and if u want more detail regarding this software then email me at [email protected]
and plz also give the whole about ur application. i am waiting for ur reply.

thanks,
syed mohammad ali

M

Marc Orgassa

You can use MX-Components - this is a universal driver package, available from Mitsubishi.

Marc

MX-Component from Mitsubishi is the software package you're looking for. It's an ActiveX library for communicating with any Mitsubishi PLC over any viable Mitsubishi protocol.

MX-Component lists for $595 in the US. I saw someone say it was around $1000 Australian... must be one hell of an exchange rate...

Try Modular-scada - they do a full scada system with opc and drivers - very good and flexible system that requires no programming (click and build) - they also sell drivers and the mitsubishi f series will cost you around £100
they are at http://www.modular-scada.co.uk (i dont think it is front port but it will connect via the 422 module for the fx1n and 2 n plcs)

regards
JB

The programming port on the Mitsubishi FX PLCs (called the front port) has a proprietary protocol. You can purchase a driver from Mitsubishi called MX-Components that will allow you to write a VB program and connect to the FX series PLC, the cost of MX-Components is $500. There is a software package called Sellwood that is found here http://www.dwhylton.com for $299 that will allow you to build a very nice interface in minutes.