Mitsubishi QJ71E71-100 Ethernet to Citect

A

Andy

I would like to establish a communication between a Mitsubishi PLC and Citect 5.40.

The PLC has the "QJ71E71-100" Ethernet Module
and a Q06h (Q Series) CPU.

In Citect 5.40 Help, there is a Chapter "I/O Devices - Mitsubishi - Melsec Q Series PLCs.
But in there, they describe a QnA Connection
with AJ71QE71, or AJ71QE71-B5, A1SJ71QE71-B2
and A1SJ71QE71-B5 Ethernet interface modules;
but not "QJ71E71-100".
Also, they have an Example PLC Program for enabling the Ethernet Module, but its
also old-fashioned since it is for QnA and not for Q Series.

I set up a Communication with a TCPIP Board, and an I/O Device with the "MELSCQNA"
Protocol,and some Data Points. Compile works without errors, but at Citect Runtime
Start, there is a Hardware error (PLC Server I/O Device offline).

In the "Ports Form/ Special Opt" - field, I have entered the IP Address (verified with ping)
of the Ethernet module: 192.168.1.34.
When this failed, I also tried to specify the Port, so I entered 192.168.1.34:5000.
Mitsubishi told me, that for the Q Series I don't have to do any Programming to
get the Ethernet Module talking.

Can anybody confirm if the "QJ71E71-100" Ethernet interface module works with the above
Citect Configuration, or is there a new Citect protocol driver for the Q series available ?

Thanks
Andy

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
I also have a problem with QnA CPU. With QnA cpu i can't read data registers above D2047. It seems that there is a bug in qna driver.(Citect reads D2047 but with D2048 a #COM error occurs.

Thanks

I solved the problem. I can connect with port 5002 and changed melsec qna driver with citect has sent to us. I connected with gx developer and saw that port 5002 was used. I hope this helps.

We have exactly the same problem. Citect in South Africa does not have a driver for the Q-series PLCs. Is it maybe possible to send the driver that you have received to me?

Use the MELCQNA TCP protocol in your Citect settings, Specify your IP adress and PORT# in format in ports window.
-i123.1.1.1 -p1280 -t
where i -> IP adress of Ethernet module
P -> Port Number in decimal
t -> TCP/IP

on PLC side set Ethernet open settings for bi-directional communication:
1 send\ 1 receive and specify your port number in Hex which would then be 500 for 1280(decimal)

Enable WRITE @ Run time.