modbus comm using GE Fanuc PCM card

P

Pravin

I have to use PCM module to communicate with RTU (Also a GE Fanuc PLC). Question is whether we have to go for some basic program in PCM for communicating with RTU or only Same program can be written in Ladder to establish the communication with RTU.

Thanks and Regrds,
Pravin

If you have the Horner module only ladder is required. I found some examples on the GE Canadian website.

To use the PCM I belive that you are going to have do do some programmin gusing GE's Megabasic programming language. We normally use the Horner RTU modules or 363 CPU to accomplish Modbus communications.

The horner module is a master only that is configured using ladder logic. The CPU363 port can be configured as either Master or Slave

JM

J

Jerry Miille

You do not specify the model numbers of the GE PLCs so this answer may or may not apply. You do not have to use the PCM or Ladder programming to make your connection if you have a 90-30 or 90-70 PLC. You could use a MARC Omnii-Comm module to do all the communication tasks. It supports the GE SNP (Series Ninety Protocol) as well as many other protocols. See this link for more details: http://www.miille.com/din266-p00.pdf or contact me directly for more information.

Jerry Miille
[email protected]