Modbus Commands execution

S

Suheil

Hello:

I have an CLX application where I am using Prosoft MVI56-MCM module as Modbus Master reading from few power meters, reading and writing to 4 remote RTUs.

I have around 44 commands configured in the RS485 port, around 32 of them to read some metering from power meters, remaining 12 commands to read and write from the remote 4 PLCs (2 read and 1 write command to each PLC).

The power meters are not powered all the time as the panels where they are installed can be switched on or off regularly, which is leading to some delay in the communication to the 4 remote PLCs, I configured the retry count to 0 in order to skip the off meters.

What I want to achieve is to give priority to the communication with the PLCs, I thought of doing that by executing the read and write commands of those remote PLCs three or four times each Modbus Scan cycle, and one time for the power meters (as that data is not critical to me).

Could somebody advice on the best way of implementing such solution, I read about using event command or command control, if this is the solution then does invoking this command regularly will require the issue of warm boot command which will lead to resetting my register data every time.

Thanks in advance.