Modbus in Cement

A

Alireza

Hi,
I'm looking for a list of application of Modbus in Cement Industry. I'd appreciate to guid me to find any.

Regards
Alireza

B
What do you mean by Modbus in the Cement Industry?
Modbus for programming access?
Modbus and HMIs?
Modbus and remote access?

S

Sergio Arias

Hi Alireza,

We have here in Argentina two differents Cements Companies that have a Modbus/MB+/Modbus TCP/IP based network. They have worked with our Modicon products since 80´s in one case, and 1995 in the other case.
If you need more information please contact me.

Sergio Arias
Modicon Product Manager
Schneider Electric Argentina

J

Javier Victoria

Hi,
In our plant, Cementos Boyaca S.A., Colombia, we use modbus and modbus + for clinker and cement production control. There are some sub-sistems like feeders, energy measure systems, expert cement control etc, that use modbus networking.

If you need more information please contact me.

Javier Victoria
[email protected]

M

Michael T Mellish

Lafarge Cement & HOLNAM (Holderbank North America) have widely used Modicon PLCs within their cement applications using Modbus & Modbus Plus for network. Today the most common solutions use Modbus TCP/IP for communication between SCADA packages (iFix & Intouch) to Quantum PLCs using the NOE Ethernet interface. Communication to Variable Speed drives (for Klinker speed & dust collection systems) is generally achieved with Modbus Plus networks. About the only applications left using Modbus is to connect specialized instruments to the control system. You can download a couple application examples from the modicon.com web site under application references: Lafarge Beton et Granulats(lafarge.pdf), RMC Lonestar (lonestar.pdf)