Modbus Organization Replaces Master-Slave with Client-Server

Oh no! PC has struck again!
So if I am sitting a restaurant, I am the client and the person bringing me food is the server.
I wonder if restaurant servers will be offended now.

Modbus as a communication link protocol has come a long way from it's origins.
When I started using it around 40 years ago it was a simple effective link for
multiple devices, when every device/company had it's own protocol giving us
hundreds of incompatible comms. links !

Perhaps the Modbus Organization situated in the 'middle' of the United States
of America is being politically sensitive in modern day thinking.
Client - Server terminology gives us a more computerised feel in this
computer orientated society.

The Modbus Organization Board of Trustees announces it is expunging all occurrences of inappropriate language of the query and response paradigm of Modbus communications. All instances of "master-slave" in the organization's literature and on its website will be removed.

Learn more here.
I want to know why they do this. It will bring many problems.

Since the terms master/slave have already been replaced in the Modbus application protocol specification some years ago, can we expect them to be replaced in the Modbus over serial line specification and implementation guide too?

I would appreciate clear and unique terms.

Master/slave are common terms in serial communication and client/server in field of Ethernet. But we have a mix of those terms across Modbus specifications which tends to confuse. Is it "slave address" or "server address"?! The terms client/server feel a bit strange in context of serial communication but maybe one just needs to get used to it.
That's the reason why some fieldbuses try to evade the confusions by introducing different terms (e.g. PROFINET: controller/device, EtherNet/IP: scanner/adapter). With more or less success...