modbus plus communication slave component

F

Fran

Dear List members,

I have to do a application to communicate with a PLC using Modbus Plus protocol.

I'm looking for a component or ActiveX or API to communicate to PLC in mode Master/Slave.

This PLC talk using modbus plus but it send responses in unnatended mode or unsolicted responses. Then the ActiveX that we know don't work, they only work in master mode.

Are there components that they works in slave mode, or applications that they are modbus plus slave simulators?

Thanks.

Thanks for your responses, but that components are indicated for Modbus not Modbus Plus.
I have to do a application to communicate with a PLC using Modbus Plus protocol.

I need a component to communicate to PLC in mode Master/Slave using modbus plus but it send responses in unnatended mode or unsolicted responses.

Thanks.
Fran.

L

Lynn A Linse

I hope you realize you must buy a ModbusPlus card for your PC - ModbusPlus is RS-485-like, but it is NOT RS-485. It is transformer
isolated, which makes it edge-triggered and not level triggered like real RS-485.

The ModbusPlus card you buy will come with drivers, which have an API you can call from programs. Most OPC or ActiveX products will assume you own one of a small list of hardware cards they support.

Best Regards
- Lynn August Linse, www.digi.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Modbus 1
A Modbus 1
A Modbus 0
B Modbus 1
H Modbus 2