MODBUS Serial to IEC 870-5-103

S

Srinivas Naik

I am a student persuing my graduate degree. My project seems to be very difficult. MODBUS is a freely available standard document, but this is not in the case of IEC 60870-5-103. We have got the spec of MODBUS, but we don't know how to write a program by understanding the specification document. We don't have any information on IEC 60870-5-103. please help in successfully completing this project.

Please, could you help me understand MODBUS Serial to IEC 60870-5-103 conversion as well as the individual protocols? I am very much interested in doing my final year project on this topic, so please help me. If any links are available to give a more theoretical and practical demonstrated way, please let me know.

M

Michael Griffin

I don't see him asking you to do his homework. He is asking where to get information on the spec.

To answer the question, if you want the spec, I think you have to buy it from the IEC. You might try asking your university library to see if they can get it for you. If not, try contacting the IEC and see if they can give you a free copy for use in your university project.

You won't find much information on this on the internet. A quick search on Google for "IEC 870-5-103" has your own question here as the 5th from the top search result.

Hmm... are you sure he isn't asking what I think he is asking for?

"My project seems to be very difficult... but we don't know how to write a program... please help in successfully completing this project... Please, could you help me understand MODBUS Serial to IEC 60870-5-103 conversion as well as the individual protocols... so please help me."

S

srinivas naik

Thank you sir,

I am trying to get information from various websites, but unfortunately IEC 103 is not available. As far as now MODBUS part is completed.