Modbus TCP and SNMP to SQL DB

C

Craigs3d

Dear Modbus experts...

I would like a small (but important) backend application that I can run that will allow me to collect data from Sensors into an SQL DB.

These sensors will be MODBUS/TCP and or SNMP sensor devices. These device will be of various types and sizes that will capture the following but not limited to...

Pressure, Power Kw and Volts, temperature, humidity, access control...

Also any advice upon the various types of sensors and where to buy... Initially looking for the app to test my solution...

Then in phase two looking for a supplier of quality CT's (small form factor would play a major part in the hardware)...

Thank you very much,

For any help you could provide...

Craig... xx

J

James Ingraham

> I would like a small (but important) backend application that I can
> run that will allow me to collect data from Sensors into an SQL DB.

There are several hits for "OPC data logger" that will log OPC data to SQL. Kepware, Matrikon, and Software Toolbox are some of the examples. Kepware and Matrikon also have OPC servers for both Modbus/TCP and SNMP.

Another option might be Ignition, from Inductive Automation. A bit of overkill, perhaps, depending on what you need.

I think pvbrowser may be an option, as well, but I'm not sure.

Also, I'm not sure what you are referring to with "CT."

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

A

Armin Steinhoff

Hello,

> I would like a small (but important) backend application that I can
> run that will allow me to collect data from Sensors into an SQL DB.
>
> These sensors will be MODBUS/TCP and or SNMP sensor devices. These
> device will be of various types and sizes that will capture the
> following but not limited to...
>
> Pressure, Power Kw and Volts, temperature, humidity, access control...

For an OPC-UA server you could use "open62541" in order to implement one which holds its internal data in a SQL database (sqlite) and a OPC-UA client which reads data from Modbus and SNMP devices.

https://github.com/open62541/open62541/wiki/List-of-Open-Source-OPC-UA-Implementations
https://sqlite.org/

Best Regards
Armin Steinhoff