Modbus-TCP Client on Coldfire MCF5272

S

Swaroop

Hi,

I'm kind of new to this forum. I'm in a project involving the development of Modbus-TCP Client on Mototorola Coldfire uC. The platform is uCLinux & I have no experience in coding on an embedded platform (however, I've worked extensively with Modbus-TCP in the field). Does anyone know of any resources/links that can help me with embedded coding in C, sample codes etc.

Thanks

A

Alex Pavloff

If you don't know how to program in C, I'd suggest exploring the many resources on the web for learning C. There is a faq for the newsgroup alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ with pointers to many other resources.

Once you're familiar with C, you're going to have to become learn Unix socket programming to creat Modbus TCP masters/slaves.

After that, you're going to have to write the code to create/tear apart Modbus packets. Then you get to debug the entire thing. Your previous experience may come in handy here, but the rest of this stuff is going to be a learning experience if you've never done any C programming before.

The only open-source Modbus implementation I know is part of the MAT project (http://mat.sourceforge.net/). It is GPLed, so if you link with their code, your code will have to be GPLed and made available also.

Alex Pavloff - [email protected] Eason Technology -- www.eason.com