Modbus TCP/IP to SFTP Convertor

Dear Friends,
We are having one Generator Controller with Modbus TCP/IP port and Modbus TCP/IP protocol . Our customer needs monitoring of Generator parameters via internet to their Central Control Room which is located in remote location (another city) . But the main problem is software protocol used by our customer , our customer is using SFTP protocol . So that we need to convert the Modbus TCP/IP protocol to SFTP protocol . Any one have idea how to convert Modbus TCP/IP protocol to SFTP protocol and how to setup communication between the two protocols ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Devendra

Dear Friends,
We are having one Generator Controller with Modbus TCP/IP port and Modbus TCP/IP protocol . Our customer needs monitoring of Generator parameters via internet to their Central Control Room which is located in remote location (another city) . But the main problem is software protocol used by our customer , our customer is using SFTP protocol . So that we need to convert the Modbus TCP/IP protocol to SFTP protocol . Any one have idea how to convert Modbus TCP/IP protocol to SFTP protocol and how to setup communication between the two protocols ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Devendra
Hi Devendra,

I would convert it into OPC UA and if you don't require controls then I would use Data Diode to increase cybersecurity.

As a free solution, you can use NodeRED - it supports Modbus and you can easily convert data into any format. And it is free :)
Petr

You could take a Pro-face GP-4201TAD (or lager) touchpanel. With its ethernet port you let it communicate with the generator controller. The same ethernet port can then be used to access this GP-4201TAD touchpanel with a smartphone/tablet or windows-PC application in the operator control room.
You can also install another Pro-face GP-4201TAD (or larger) touchpanel in the operator control room that communicates with the GP-4201TAD connected to the generator. This can be either ethernet (for example modbus TCP) but you can also consider a RS-485 connection (could be done with Ex. barriers for ATEX when necessary).

If you have more information on the protocol of the generator I can help you program the 4201TAD (it is really really simple to do) or program it for you and help you connection to the screen via smartphone/tablet/windows PC application or another 4201TAD.

What is nice about the 4201TAD is, that it has internal battery backup memory that you could use for storing the measurements of the generator (from other modbus addresses). You can export these measurements to an USB stick and remotely get this file out with a FTP connection using filezilla FTP client.

When you take a slightly larger 4301TAD screen you can store them on the internal SD card and also access this CSV file remotely with an FTP client.

I have more than 10 years experience programming Pro-face touchpanels. There are a lot of possiblities and they are very rugged touchpanels for industrial environments. And the programming software GP Pro EX works fast and easy.

They use Windriver OS that never crashes. It always starts when you power the Pro-face screen up. I know this from 1000s of screens that we sold with GP Pro EX software applications.

Feel free to contact me:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickduis/4x 4201TAD.JPG