Modbus tcp/ip with serial gateway response format

A

aroon

Hi,

I have successfully developed a program for UPS communication based on modbus rtu serial communication. I have tested the program throgh modscan32 application. now i need to develop modbus rtu with tcp/ip protocols and ethernet serial gateway tsxetg100. I have read the tcp/ip implementation guide and updated my previous program with MBAP header in both request processing codes and response creation. i thought that the request will have MBAP header when it is being received through serial gateway, but when i debugged, i could find that the data contains only rtu format(no MBAP and CRC). so i changed the request processing part.The control enters all the necessary functions in my code and put the data into uart(which has been connected to the rs485 port of serial gateway. but i am getting the exception code "0B" (gateway error: target device failed to respond). i removed the MBAP part from the request and send only the rtu part, but the error stays. anyone could please tell me what could be the problem? how to format the request? please help. i am at a dead end now.

Hi,

has anyone used TSXETG100 for modbus tcp/ip? I tried different modbus response format with it, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Aroon