ModbusTCP/IP to BACnet Converter

S

sanjay

I am looking for a Modbus TCP/IP to BACnet Converter. Which is the best option (performance wise)?

W
Fieldserver has been making them for years with good effect. Www.fieldserver.com. You could talk to Steve Ferree.

Walt

Walt Boyes, FInstMC, Chartered Measurement and Control Technologist
Life Fellow, International Society of Automation
Editor in Chief, Control and ControlGlobal.com
[email protected]

There are many to choose from in the marketplace. Our company makes the ETH-1000 Ethernet / RS-485 gateway that supports Modbus/TCP (client and server), BACnet/IP (client and server) and BACnet MS/TP (client and server), among many others. So you can be guaranteed to move data regardless of physical layer or client/server behavior needs. It's USB-configurable and all drivers are included for free.

http://www.iccdesigns.com/products/millennium/eth-1000.html

Darrin

Hello,

It really depends on your requirements.

For example, must it be a standalone hardware solution or can it be a software solution? If a software solution must it run on a specific OS, i.e. Linux, DOS.

Is it BACNET IP or MS/TP?

If a PC software solution is an option, PeakHMI has a BACNET/IP driver and MODBUS TCP/IP drivers.

Good luck,
Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

Hi,

Have a look at FieldServer they have a BACnet approved Modbus TCP/IP to BACnet gateway.

Regards,
Richard

D

Daniel Drolet

> I am looking for a Modbus TCP/IP to BACnet Converter. Which is the best option (performance wise)?

Do you need a converter, or could you maintain the use of the wiring/topology to have both Ethernet/IP and RS-485 at the same time? (E.G. IP-485 allows you to use the existing twisted pair for both Multidrop Ethernet and RS-485 (BACnet)at the same time? Performance is Standard RS-485 Specs, with Ethernet at LRE distances and bandwidths at average 1-4 Mbps with peak burst at 20Mbps.

Thanks.
Daniel
[email protected]
PCN

P
ProtoConvert's BACnet to Modbus converters support BACNet IP, BACnet MSTP, Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP. Easy to configure and very cost effective.