MODEM to communicate with TSX 07

Hello ;

My name is Altug Okay,from Schneider Electric Turkey .I am the product manager of Dialog&Dedection&Automation products .I need your your help ,I hope you can find a solution my question and product .Here my needs ; We've found very good bussines ,that about control one station by Telemecanique TSX 07 Nano PLC.Now our customers wants to communicate PLC's to central offices and we need Dial-up MODEM which should communicate with TSX 07 (TSX 07's protocol is UNITELWAY)... If we can find this modem and work properly we can use 1.000 pieces first 6 months after that 10.000 pieces in 2 years...

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance...

J

Jerry Miille

Please check out the Miille Applied Research Co. DIN rail mounted dial up modems at http://www.miille.com/din366-100.pdf

This small unit is DC powered and provides digital input and output that can be connected to the PLC to control dialing functions and to provide On-Line status information.

You will need an RS232 port to connect to this modem.

Jerry Miille

You are probably going to have to use the programming cable which converts the RS485 Unitelway port to RS232 to get a serial port to connect to, and then use a serial modem to connect to the cable. I think you can use the
one Miille mentioned in another email or SixNet makes one (www.industrialmodem.com) that should be able to work with the Nano once you get it converted to RS232. I haven't tried it yet, but I do have a Nano here and a SixNet VTModem 2. I will try to find a way to test this by the end of the week.

Check with Schneider in the US and I bet they have some info. They've been very helpful on my Nano questions. We are a distributor for Schneider and the guys in North Andover Mass. have been very helpful to us.

CK