Modicon AT 984 Card

K

KevinB

I am tasked with maintaining a system using a PC with a PLC emulator card:

Model Number: AM-0984-AT2 Rev M
Voltage: 5V
Current: .75A

I'm informed they can't be replaced new (they stopped making them in the late 1800's) and Modicon will not repair. What I need is a second hand (pre-owned) replacement or someone to fix it. Any ideas?

Contact Hinson Enterprises, Monroe NC 800-821-8856 my understanding is that picked up a lot of obsoleted Modicon parts, repair manuals etc. I bought a memory board for an old 984 controller.

good luck
john

Ahh. The 984-AT2 is not a PLC emulator. It is actually a Modicon 984 controller packaged as an ISA add-in PC card. The 984-AT2 communicates with
I/O through built in S908 compatible Remote I/O head/scanner. The 984-AT2 also supports Modbus Plus.

For what it is worth I happen to have a 984-AT that I would be willing to sell. However, a better solution for you would be to transfer the program to a new Modicon Quantum processor. The program from the 984-AT2 could be loaded into a new Quantum processor without modification.

You can contact me directly if you would like.

Bradley G. Hite
Intertech Inc.
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.myplc.com
Teaching Practical Skills for a Technological World

G

Greg Goodman

> I am tasked with maintaining a system using a PC with a PLC emulator
> card:
[snip]
> I'm informed they can't be replaced new ...
> and Modicon will not repair. What I need is a second hand
> (pre-owned) replacement or someone to fix it. Any ideas?

A web search for "surplus modicon" turns up any number of companies with quantities of Modicon components for sale. In addition, there are a number of places online that specialize in used / surplus / remanufactured PLC and controls
equipment.

Whatever short-term solution you come up with, I believe that your long-term plan has to include replacing your existing card with something else. A system with components that cannot be replaced or repaired is, by definition,
unmaintainable.

Google-is-your-friend-ly yours,

Greg Goodman
Chiron Consulting