Modifying logic online in Rockwell Process Logix Controller

A

Andres Paris

HI to all...

I tried to edit the control strategy on line in PLX52 and it is impossible to do any modifications on-line. I think it must be allowed. I have worked with TDC3000 (Honeywell) and I/A (Foxboro) and I did everything I wanted.

Any comments?

Andres Paris

Hi,
I believe Process Logix is the Allen Bradley Version of Honeywell's Plantscape/ C200 controller. I don't recognize "PLX52", but I suspect it is the same as a C200. If this is the case, you do not need to inactivate the entire control scheme, but you must inactivate the particular Control Module that you wish to modify. Once inactivated, you may download the modified CM to the controller, and then reactivate the new CM.

Of course, Process Logix can also be the HMI to a vast array of controllers/PLCs, so I'm assuming you're referring to the double-wide Processor module developed by Honeywell that resides in an Allen Bradley Controllogix (1756) chassis. Hope this helps.

Hi,
I believe Process Logix is the Allen Bradley Version of Honeywell's Plantscape/ C200 controller. I don't recognize "PLX52", but I suspect it is the same as a C200. If this is the case, you do not need to inactivate the entire control scheme, but you must inactivate the particular Control Module that you wish to modify. Once inactivated, you may download the
modified CM to the controller, and then reactivate the new CM.

Of course, Process Logix can also be the HMI to a vast array of controllers/PLCs, so I'm assuming you're referring to the double-wide Processor module developed by Honeywell that resides in an Allen Bradley Controllogix (1756) chassis. Hope this helps.