Modsoft lite to Proworx32 problems

E

eric34

Hello,

I have a problem. The old laptop we had is now in heaven and the software Modsoft lite was on it. The old electrican that worked with us backed it up but the discs are old and don't work. I now have Proworx 32 and I can't seem to comumunicate with the Modicon Micro we use. We have 4 Micros in our plant (they are a great distance away from each other). I used a network cable plugged into a network cable to serial adapter. Do I need this?? Can I go straight through with a network cable? Help please.

Modicon Micro can be programmed via serial communication, only. New laptops will not work under Modsoft, but for Proworx32 should work, if the communication serial port inside new laptop is a good brand. Some new chipsets are not working with old Micros. Try to get an old laptop from Ebay or similar to be able to connect to old micros.

Good luck!

You will need the adapter; if you are communicating via com port. In proWORX under Controller select Communications Setup and change the timeout to 010. This may help you.

That serial to RJ45 connector is the key. There are several methods to make your own. But, don't bother. Just buy it. Always has been troubled with jumpper connector within connector. Also, you must see"communication timeout" message before actually goes online.

Boo goes to whom said, get laptop from eBay. What a waste! You must face the fact and go though the trouble so you can grow in this field.

From 12+ controls engineering experience.

Are you sure (1000%), tha latest Core 2 Duo notebook with only USB port (so converter is the only option) will work the PLC Micro with Modsoft?

Try it first, write down after. 20 years experience in control engineering, my "boo"ing friend.

Some old PLC Serial Communication do not work with the USB-Serial converter, there is no other choice but to buy an old Computer with a Serial Port built in.