Momentum easier to use

• Thread starter Jean FARGE - France
  • Start date
J

Jean FARGE - France

Each time we have to communicate with a Momentum, we have to develop a communication protocol between the PLC and the I/O base
Momentum I/O bases are harder and harder to use when they are monitored by a Quantum.
EX : ANR 120 90 has multiple command words.
Has anyone developped DFBs (or EFB) to simplify the I/O base programming using Concept?

D

Daniel L. Parker

This request requires a little more information. If the Quantum controller is connected to the M1 I/O base via MB+, use the peer cop functionality. This can also apply to the Interbus and Devicenet connection methods. A little PLC common sense is required and the ability to distinguish between bit information and word information as it comes from the M1 I/O base is essential. Once the desired analog input and output configurations are decided upon, use a fixed value for these registers and the module will be written to by the Quantum controller. This will maintain the configuration data for the M1 I/O base. These values can also be one-shotted using the first scan bit of the controller status words or use the system state function for IEC.