Momentum PLC on Interbus Network with WAGO I/O Interbus Modules

D

Denis Roy

Does anybody have some experience of integrating WAGO I/O with an Interbus Bus coupler with a Modicon Momentum PLC(171 CCS 760 00) using Interbus Communication adapter (170 INT 110 00)?
Thank you for sharing your experience and your comments.

Denis Roy
mailto:[email protected]

S
I do not have experience with the wago I/O, however I do have quite a bit of experience with the momentum I/O bus (interbus subset). I do not believe that you will be able to use the wago I/O with interbus protocol as most slice type I/O uses the interbus generation4 which uses bit addressing. The momentum cpu only supports word addressing, and does not implement interbus PCP protocol. The momentum cpu only uses a small portion of generation3 interbus functionality. I will guarantee that the Phoenix Contact Inline with Interbus Protocol will not function off of the momentum cpu. (Phoenix Contact Inline is similiar in design to the Wago I/O) The one possible solution that you may consider is to connect the I/O using modbus ethernet protocol. I have done this with the Phoenix Inline I/O successfully, and could even provide examples of how to do this if you wish. I hope that this information is helpful to you. I can be reached over email at [email protected] if you have any specific questions.