Monitor Pro (Factorylink) App Convert error

B

Buzby

I have a FL 6.6 app, and need to convert to 7.5

The original is in a directory structure, not an .mps file.

I have added the app, using Right-Click 'Add Existing Application'.

When I run Right-Click 'Convert', I get an error box saying 'FLSpawn, Error creating named pipe for task output to the Configuration Explorer display window'.

What do I need to do to correct this?

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi again!.

There are 2 possible reasons:

1) Your PC is not connected to a network so, the network driver is disabled and the FLSpawn task cannot create a pipe to output data to the Configuration Explorer display window. Just connect your PC to a network again or install Microsoft Loopback adapter and you will solve this problem.

2) Your PC has/had a FactoryLink 6.x installed and FL environment variables still point to the older system files. The easiest ways to solve this is:

a) Uninstall FL 7.x, remove all environment variables specific to FL6x, remove the reference to FL6x in the PATH environment variable and later, reinstall FL7.x.

b) Remove (or change) all environment variables specific to FL 6.x, remove (or change) the reference to FL 6.x in the PATH environment variable and later, SET correctly the all environment variables specific to FL7.x.

The main FL 7.x environment variables are:
FLAPP, FLBIN, FLCOMPILE, FLDOMAIN, FLHOST, FLINK,
FLLANG, FLNAME and FLUSER

Best regards.

Saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]

C

clairtonelab

Sounds like your PC is not connected to any network, i.e. standalone. Just hook it up to anything (hub or router) or activate the NIC and the error should disappear.

Hi Gustavo,

It's all coming back to me!

I remember having to install loopback on a previous project, but I couldn't remember why.

Thanks again for your help.