Monitoring PLC data

G

Gary

Hi All

I want to monitor the data from the CPU 314 in Windows. If I have a CP 5613 card and a software SIMATIC NET. Can I monitor or get the CPU data without WinCC? Beside WinCC, does other method do this?

Regards

Gary

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello, Gary;

If you only need to monitor values in your process, on a sporadic basis, use a VAT (variable monitoring) table in Step7, using your CP5613 to communicate with the PLC on mPI.

If you wish to display or collect the data you will find an OPC server on the CD-ROM Simatic Net that will be linked to the type of connection you set-up on the CP5613 (S7-5613, DP-5613...). Any OPC client can then link to the OPC server and retrieve the data required for your application. You can easily build an OPC client yourself with VB or Visual C++, or use any commercial package you are cmfortable with.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

H

Hakan Ozevin

You did not mention a CP card on PLC side, so I am not sure about the following solution for MPI (it works for Profibus):

Install OPC server from Simatic Net CD and use OPC Scout. When you double click on OPC Server for Simatic Net and connection is established, you must see available objects (inputs, outputs, flags, etc).

If this does not work (probably it does not), you must install Prodave MPI on your PC (which is a protected separate SW).

Z
Hello there!

I think the best choice would be to use step7 and use the variable table, VAT to monitor and set the variables as you wish, that is incase thats what you want to do.

For the connection of cpu315-2dp and pc, what do i need? I want to do an application with intouch or labview.

Thank
Carla