Motoman robot

A

Anonymous

the current home position in a motoman robot was swt in a dangerous spat and i need to change that to a safe place.

O
I hope this will help you.

On NX100 Do:
ROBOT + SECOND HOME POSITION + JOG THE ROBOT TO THE NEW HOME POSITION + MODIFY + ENTER

On XRC Do:
TOP MENU + ROBOT + SECOND HOME POSITION + JOG THE ROBOT TO THE NEW HOME POSITION + MODIFY + ENTER

On MRC Do:
SPEC POINT + POSN CHG + JOG THE ROBOT TO THE NEW HOME POSITION + MODIFY + ENTER

If you have a ERC or RX I can send you the procedure by mail.

C

Chris Peglar

I am currently trying to use the Motocom SDK package. However, I can't get it to communicate whatsoever with the robot. I made the serial cable, and I believe it works although the support was minimal and I'm not certain it works.

I'm using the various programs that come with it, the VC release version within the SDK as well as the VisualDCI program. Neither works, although they both say they can connect.

Is there anything within the motoman that I need to configure, or what am I missing here?

Hi,

MotoCom SDK is a sketch! Its very tricky to get it to start, esp. from a remote computer. Try starting with simple commands (BscMov or BscServoOn) and double check both your connection and the pertinent RS paramters on the pendant. Moreover, double check your communications parameters in your C++ or VB program and make sure they match the RS parameters

Fell free to write me anytime. It took me about 4 months to become a Motoman programming master!

Robert

Is this the right package to create your own program?

i.e. Can this be used to create a program to read from CAD file, convert it to a job file then upload it to the NX100 and run it all in one go?