Ms5001 Startup Problems

A

Alfred MP

oscilating flame loss. Message no followed GCV reference. Srv an GCV has been calibrated. Flame detectors changed. Clean Combustion equipment it's ok. srv an GCV has been calibrated. Flame detectors changed. Clean Combustion equipment it's ok. at 5100 rpms the flame present oscillations and trips. The Turbine had been working with GCV variations by a month. what could be the problem?.

Best regards

Alfred MP,

Sounds as if there is a problem with the GCV, either the actuator is sticking or the valve is sticking or there is s problem with L.O. quality which has resulted in a problem with the electro-hydraulic servo-valve.

What control system is in use on the unit?

If it's a digital GE Speedtronic turbine control system, what Diagnostic Alarms are active before and after the loss of flame trip?

Have you verified the polarities of the servo currents being applied to the GCV servo-valve?

Are the compressor bleed valves operating properly?

Does the unit have modulated IGVs--and, if so, are they stable at FSNL?

What's is the Hydraulic System pressure during the speed oscillations?

If the Unit has Hydraulic Accumulators, are they properly charged and valved-in?

We really need more information to be of any further help--a lot more information.

Please write back to let us know what you find, or provide more information to allow us to be of more assistance.

Thanks very much. I can't access to reply. So I've been created a new membership. After a lot of possible solutions. The problem was solved changing the combustion liner (used). But now the problem is the exhaust spread of 72 Celsius degrees. 10Mw load, 372 Celsius degrees average exhaust temperature. Ttxt 1-12 388 373 392 382 383 346 322 336 358 350 388 388. This relation is maintained against load. One of The flames intensities present variations at low loads in 5mw but at 10Mw the flame intensity is stable in 50 per cent in each detector. The wheelspace temperatures from the second stage are 2FO-2, 3 315 279 2AO-1, 2 358 271 Celsius degrees. I would like to know if it's secure operate the ms5001 at this conditions, the possible causes and the damages that can occur.

Actually it's in operation at 11mw .86 pf

Thank you
Best regards