MSDOS tips & commands for markV

I

icseng

Hi,

We want get the commands of the mark v, for MSDOS. we want to practice its commands while maintenance activities.

best regards

B

Bob Johnston

Hi, What you really need is two things,

1) A good basic book on DOS 6, DOS for Dummies is good if you can get your hands on it.(Or Google for DOS, there's lots of stuff on the Net)

2) The MKV Maintenance Manual (GEH 5980), Chapter 3 will help you.

The rest is just practice. If you can get hold of an old PC, even a 486 or Pentium I, and install DOS 6, this is the easiest way to practice.

All of the IDOS commands can be found in G:\EXEC. Commands are filenames which have a .EXE filename extension.

If you type a command name followed by a space and /?, for example:<pre>
VIEW1 /?</pre>
and then press 'Enter' you will be presented with a "Help" screen that provides a help screen and sometimes an example. (The commands don't have to be in capitals or have the .EXE filename extension; just follow the example and you'll be fine.)

When you use the /? "switch" the command is not executed so there will be no action taken by the <I> or the Mark V.

Many of the commands are documented in the Mark V Maintenaance Manual, GEH-5980. Some are documented in the Mark V Application Manual. GEH-6195.

If you have other questions, that's what we're here for!

Thank you very much, for your help, I hope you will send me by e-mail the GEH 5002 manual, here we have this type of turbine at our plant

Best Regards