Multilevel Flow Modeling

P

Peter T

Is there anyone in this fine forum who has any knowledge on Multilevel Flow Modeling (MFM) as applied to process-plants?

I'm currently working on an application for a WinCE-based mobile platform (PDA) on which I wish to display alarms and alerts from a remotely connected process-plant, and need some information about applied MFM.

The idea is to have distinct user-interfaces based on user qualifications (software-engineer, electrician, process-engineer, etc.) and using MFM as a means to redirect information to the mobile platform in a sensible manner.

I'm not terribly up-to-date on current MFM-technology, and would appreciate any feedback on use of MFM, experiences, etc.

MFM can be applied to process plants whereas may be applied to any system theoretically. I don’t know the details but MFM was applied to a nuclear facility (probably in Norway) for alarm management. If you want, I can send you more details. Also, I made a MFM model of a unit in a distillation plant and tested last version of MFM methods. The result was better than I expected in terms of plant control.

Do you want to use MFM for alarm display (user interface) design and/or creating distinct user interfaces? Can you clarify your aim for using MFM?

If you can give me more information, I hope I can help you more...

Best regards