Multivariable control system

M

mailman

Hi,

my question is related to a multi-variable control system (in fact it is a two-variable control system). There are two input variables into the system and two output variables which I want to control by using controllers for the input variables. The system is non-linear and can not be modeled mathematically. The greatest issue is that both input variables influence both output variables.

I’ve done some tests for a feedback control system regarding the first input variable and the first output variable. I’ve put in a PID controller and I’ve tuned the controller parameters using the Ziegler-Nichols methods. The system works really fine in this case.

Does anyone have an idea how I could switch now from the Single-Input-Single-Ouput system to the Multiple-Input-Multiple-Output system?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Some points:
If the system is that two inputs affect both outputs, what is it that you achieved by configuring PID for single input single output?

Why don't you use two PIDs, two 2-inputs-1-output system? Inputs should be mutually independent, right?

> Some points:
> If the system is that two inputs affect both outputs, what is it that you
> achieved by configuring PID for single input single output?

I've set up a feedback control system which controls only one output (through one input). The other output is left free to stabilize around whichever value.

My goal is now to control also the other output by changing a second input variable...