NAiS FP3 PLC

M

Michael Sing

I am looking at a project where I need to communicate to a number of NAiS FP3 plcs. I am not familiar with this type and who manufactures them. Also I need to locate information regarding the programming software and communications options available.

K

Kim L. Ground

> NAiS FP3 plcs. I am not familiar with this type and who manufactures them.

>>REPLY This looks like the number for a PLC sold in the US by Aromat. If I am correct, they have pretty good tech support and can certainly provide you with the programming tool -- possibly for free. I have never actually used the Aromat PLC, but I recall that the communications options are rather limited. Searching Lycos for "Aromat PLC" will bring up a bunch of links to distributors of them.

I assume this enquiry comes from the States.

In the UK (and I suspect Europe in general) this is sold by Matsushita who I believe are a division of NAiS. I believe the names Panasonic and Aromat are also tied up with this somehow.

We have their comms protocol for our range of touch screen HMI and they seem to use this protocol (Mewnet) across most of the product range. We have a number of customers who use them, the comms seems easy to configure for our screens, and they like them a lot.

If all else fails I could give you a contact at Matsushita UK, but I doubt if that's necessary.

http://www.reja.btinternet.co.uk

Tony.

In the UK (and I suspect Europe in general) this is sold by Matsushita who I believe are a division of NAiS. I believe the names Panasonic and Aromat are also tied up with this somehow.

We have their comms protocol for our range of touch screen HMI and they seem to use this protocol (Mewnet) across most of the product range. We have a number of customers who use them, the comms seems easy to configure for our screens, and they like them a lot.

If all else fails I could give you a contact at Matsushita UK, but I doubt if that's necessary.

http://www.reja.btinternet.co.uk

Tony