NEC vs. CE control panel designs

P

Phil Hamilton

A system (filtration system) developed in Germany with a control panel designed in Germany to me CE requirements may be sold here in the US. I have reviewed the drawings from Germany and am not sure if it meets NEC requirements. The one big issue I see so far is as follows:

The disconnect (480V 3 phase power supply required) is on the door and is not interlocked such that the door can be opened without power being removed. This is a requirement of NFPA 79, but I don't see it in the NEC (NFPA 70), though the NEC refers to NFPA 79. There is a question as to whether the filtration system is an industrial machine, so NFPA 79 may not apply by itself.

The only other thing I see is there will need to be added markings per articles 409.110 and 670.3.

Opinions?

B

bob peterson

CE is meaningless in the US.

There are various things that will need to be changed like the color of grounded conductors (CE = light blue, NEC = white).

Many locations require a UL listed control panel. I think your best bet is just to tell the Germans to supply the thing with a UL listed control panel.

--
Bob