Need Controls Consultant in San Jose, CA

M

Mark Carbone

I need a controls consultant to design a fan control system. Microprocessor-based medical system uses one fan to cool an enclosure with multiple heat sources, each with its own sensor, set point, and time constant. Must be kept quiet for in-room patient monitoring.

I have the heat transfer design done, but my current control algorithm is crude. Fan sounds are obtrusive due to variation in fan speed. I have the compute power available to handle as complex a control system as is necessary.

What is a good reference list of consultants in Control Engineering? Feel free to respond directly if you do this kind of work.

M

Michael Griffin

I can't help you directly, but you may wish to talk to people in computer system design, particularly larger workstations or servers. They deal with these sorts of problems routinely.

S

Standard Plan

From your description you may need more than just a controls consultant. To make a fan that is unobtrusive will require good controls, but may
also require some clever voltage/current control as well as some aerodynamic review. Our company does custom control work and has a background in centrifugal blowers, and pumps. Let me know if we can help.

John Catch
www.inflowinc.com