Need help using AB 1746-NI8

M

Marc Stevens

Located on a 10 slot chassis with 24V DC input and output cards I have one 8 channel analog input card and one 4 channel analog output card.
Four of the eight LED lights on the input card flash non-stop while the others never flash. I am using seven of the eight channels. In vein I replaced the single eight channel card with 2 four channel cards and they work great. My problem is I spare the slot for the two cards.
Is there a set up that needs to be done other than the DIP switch for external power supply?
Maybe a setup in the data files?
Any help?

T

Trevor Ousey

Get the manual for the module at the Rockwell web site, as there are various configuration parameters for the NI8.

A
The channels are probably configured incorrectly. Check the refence manual for dip switch setting.

G

Gerald Beaudoin

Under the "Controller" tab, there's "I/O configuration" and then the "Advanced" tab which further reveals a "Configuration" button which opens a configuration setup box and a tab for each channel. Might be useful to review all those config parameters.

Gerald Beaudoin

You must go to hardware configuration in the RSLogix 500 software and make the configuration for the new module, and to the specific application for each channel. For example, 4-20mA, etc.